Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I have a chance? -
subha - tin2b

Hi
i am an IMG from India.Have very poor scores of 82 and 80 in my steps...just wanted to know if i have any chance whatsoever in landing a residency in psych...(only psych please!!)right now trying to gain some valuable exp in UK
plz advise
sai

I think u have chance in Psychiatry.
Give it a shot.
Us exp. would def. help.
subha

do u really think so?thanks a lot for ur reply
Meher

For phsych residency PD just wants to know that you are really intersted in psych, scores dose not matter that much and if you have lors from psych teaching faculty they will be really helpfull.I hope this will help to keep your spirit up......
new

as far as I know scores do matter a lot......but the good news is that in less competitive programs and community programs ...u do have a chance.....umm make it clear to them in the interview that u are very interested in out of match position....and call them after the interview too to ask about second look and stuff.....most 3rd tier programs will take a candidate in out of match rather than wait for match and scramble...and don't worry.....even in a 3rd tier prog..u can work ur way into a fellowship at a better place and build ur credential;s up in the fellowship
madhav

i am in tha same boat as u r, i have 75 and 85 and looking for community programs. I aplied for the im and fp only, and now thinking of getting some usce so that i can apply for the next year with some good credentials. Actually no body knows about the criterias and selection process so do not believe much on forum and do your best.
wish u a good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »