Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_ dr-khmer7: Vanco and every body. good pedia.qs.. - drkhmer
trauma
hi drkhmer!
showman he says no histroy of trauma.
if drkhmer wants to make us shock and give us surprise, definately he will give surprise if gallastone in this baby due to any underlying hemolytic disease .

hi drkhmer give us shock.

i am exactly on defib, just push it at 600 J.
_ The Correct Answer is BBB: TRAUMA

_ Hi Dr.showman, you are still the best. Just also want to say Hi to Kaps, how is she doing?
_ i will type the explanation later to prove the given ans. it won't make Dr.vanco got shock for long period of time.
_ Hi dr.vanco, i will send one beautiful nurse to do CPR(mouth by mouth) for you. no need 600J dear.

_ Sorry forum, just a kidding b/w vanco and i.
cccc
The Correct ans is BBB:

_ Blunt abdominal trauma is a common cause of pancreatitis in younger children and infants. the absence of any report of trauma does not rule out child abuse as the underlying etiology. a strong suspicion for abuse must be considered in unexplained casses of pancreatitis in very young children.

_ Annular pancrease is an uncommon etiology of pancreatitisl it occurs due to incomple rotation of the ventral side of the pancreasek resulting in bowel obstruciton( Choice C).

_ Although viral illnesses such as Coxsakie virus, EBV, and CMV are common causes of pancreatitis, there is no history of prodromal illness or fever in this case(Choice D).

_ CF is certainly a cause of pancreatitis, especially in children with gastrointestinal involvement. Those children tend to have a long history of failure to thrive and large, smelly stools and may have respiratiory symptoms(Choice E).

_ Although gallstones account for a large proportion of pancreatitis in adults, they are uncommon in th ehealthy infant or child unless there is na underlying history of hemolytic disease, liver disease, or TPN dependence with biliary sludge(Choice A).

This is a supprising given ans.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »