Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
physio - fidel
hi upin, its based on the concept that when u add resistance in series the tpr increases,upstream press i.e arterial bp increases, downstream pressure decreases and the blood flow decereses.

But when u add a resistance in parallel like say in obesity and by addition of placenta in the pregnant women then the tpr decreases as a result the blood flow or the cardiac output increses to meet the metabolic demand in pregnancy and obesity and ther by bp is maintained. Therefore when the perfusion pressure is same for the organs connected in parallel than definetely u can indepently regulate the blood flow in 2 organs which r connected in parallel. and any one organ of the 2 connected in parallel having low blood flow shows that it has high resistance.
i'm so confused today!! too much stress... that i'm not easily digesting these stuff...
thanks everybody...
relax dude u know everything....just relax... u r saturated...take a break .
As drtariq (nice explanation) said u know this....take a break enjoy the night and quickly review it tomarrow, not even sure if this is high yield........GL everyone
Hi drtariq,

just wondering if you could explain why obesity and pregnancy are parallel resistors in the body? I'm having a hard time visualizing. Is it more chicken then egg scenario - ie, because pregnancy and obesity represent scenarios where the metabolic needs are increased, the fact that flow/CO must increase to meet them, means that these must be parallel resistor additions? I'd be grateful for some illumination - physics is not my strong point! Thank you Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »