Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed step 3 by a point... - med2004
no i didnt attempt yet.. i have it soon, but i have been out of exam for a few years, so i dont want to fail either, i am just thinking if i do fail, that's what i would do. i think.lol. ur nbme 400 is not bad, i read on here and other places that people have passed with less than that. that tells u it is not a good correlation. i think the PReview is good i am reading it now. really detailed and better than most sources. but it helps to have a study partner or someone to discuss questions or concepts too. my nbme was less than urs, so that is why i initiall y kept postponing the exam, ( even though i have a friend in residency who got 360 week before his exam and passed with 81).. so i don't know what to trust.
concentrate on ccs ..

thanx ncancer....regarding the PReview, which program of theirs did u subscribe to or take???
I didnt use premier notes and ccs workshop for my exam but i heard a lot of people have found it useful.
ncancer... i agree it might appear biased if you repeat the same source just to get a higher score on the qbanks that's why I didnt bother testing myself again. I got a 54% on my first try in UW, didnt test myself again after that but I went through the questions and explanations twice. For me, what helped more were the explanations after every question.
I have noticed in my actual exam that a lot of items were answered by the UW explanations. Some questions were also variations of UW and NBME items. My NBME score correlated with my actual USMLE score but that is not the case for everyone. It helps in letting you know your weak areas though. And dont forget to review your CCS. It can make the difference between a low score and a high score.
Good luck med2004 and ncancer!
thanx darevee.....i didnt test again for uw as ncancer pointed out...makes no sense..but read the explanations a second time...

anyways, will check Premier notes...hoping for the best...
thanks, med2004
that makes sense just not the explanations well
thanks daravee
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »