Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does one need to pass Step 1...? - mustpass2009
Before applying for Step 2 CS?

This is what it says in First Aid, which was published in 2007, but I've been looking through the Bulletin of Information to look for this statement... couldn't find it.

I'm wondering if they have changed this guideline since my FA was published (after all, this FA still says that results are mailed to your mailing address).

Has anyone here applied for CS before taking/passing Step 1?

Thanks!
no.
next time try to get ur informations from ecfmg.org!

What if I'm not an IMG??? Wink

I DID check ecfmg.org and did not find any statement that says you need to pass Step 1 prior to applying for Step 2 CS. BUT, I'm wondering why FA would say it if it wasn't the case. I'm just double-checking to see if anyone has successfully applied for CS without having passed Step 1. Perhaps I just couldn't find the info on ecfmg.org.

Please don't tell me to call ECFMG because it is Friday evening in the USA...

If anyone has any first-hand experience/knowledge, I would appreciate an answer.

Thanks.
NOPE....you needn't
http://usmle.org/Examinations/step2/step...ation.html
no, you can apply for CS
Thanks for your answers. Smile
you can apply for CS, no need to pass any step 1 or 2. I ve practiced CS cases with a guy who has not done step 1 and 2 and was taking CS
I email First Aid, saying they need to correct that part. I received an email as follows:

Hi Amber,

Thank you for your email. The deadline for submissions to this edition of the CS has expired and our revision team has completed work on the new manuscript. We are in final proofing now. The correction suggestion that you have mentioned was updated in the new edition. We do appreciate your feedback on our book though.

Good luck with your studies,

Louise Petersen
First Aid Team

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, Amber Khan wrote:

Subject: How to register to take the USMLE Step 2 CS--- correction
To: firstaidteam
Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 7:17 PM

Dear First Aids Team,

Corrections should be made to page 5 of the Second Edition of USMLE Step 2 CS book.

The first sentence is wrong. You can take CS exam even if you have not taken any of the other exams.

Regards,
Amber
I wrote to them and they replied:

Hi Amber,

Thank you for your email. The deadline for submissions to this edition of the CS has expired and our revision team has completed work on the new manuscript. We are in final proofing now. The correction suggestion that you have mentioned was updated in the new edition. We do appreciate your feedback on our book though.

Good luck with your studies,

Louise Petersen
First Aid Team

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, Amber xxxx wrote:

Subject: How to register to take the USMLE Step 2 CS--- correction
To: firstaidteam
Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 7:17 PM

Dear First Aids Team,

Corrections should be made to page 5 of the Second Edition of USMLE Step 2 CS book.

The first sentence is wrong. You can take CS exam even if you have not taken any of the other exams.

Regards,
Amber

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »