Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need your opinion guys - wrata
Hi , when they tell you during the interview ( one of the interviewers) that you are one of the best that they interviewed (in the first top 5 % , exactly how they said it) and the PD replied on the same day on the thank you email...should i have some hopes or just they tell everyone that..... and what do you think , how many IV we need to match ( can someone be lucky and match with just one IV or it is impossible)
thank you for any input
hi

your questions depends on many factors. If you have extremely high scores, USCE, and did well on the interview, then of course you should believe the PD. But, if it isn't just take it as a grain of salt. It also depends on the caliber of the medical program . . . of course the PD wants to assemble the best team that he/she can, but they know if you are extremely qualified, you'll probably choose your number 1 preference as opposed to the program that showered you with so many praises. AGAIN, it's up to you.

So, what I am saying don't worry about the number of interviews to match, RANK them in order of preference as in number 1 belonging to your IDEAL program.
thank you matchsurvivor , i did very well on the interview i have some USCE my scores not that high ..at the end of the interview the PD called me again and asked me ..how much i am commited to the specialty..i did send an email thank i got a reply in the same day ....i mean we will see
I hope you have more than 1 interview. I am surprised that they say that u are one of the best candidates etc..I have never heard such statements from my interviews...most probably I do not deserve it either..anyways it is always better not to solely depend on one program. This is an advice given in this forum and elsewhere time and again. If this is your only interview I think you have to express your interest very explicitly to them without sounding desperate and pray to match with that program.
thank you resilientdoc for your advice i did exactly as you said ...show them intrest but in the same time without sounding desperate...i think i was good at it ...i will hope for the best..if it works fine if not fine also.....life goes on i have a good job, good perspectives.
Wrata,

Regardless of what they said. Go with your gut instinct OR err on the side of caution. But, it does look like you NAILED the interview, but be like Obama and just play it cool.

If I were you, you replied to them and you received an email response. That's good enough . . . there's no need to sound desperate.

In any job situation, employers don't like aggressive people, in terms of desperate people, so just let it be and try to relax in the next 46 DAYS.
I have a question if I sent Thank you letter to PD, and incase if PD replied via letter in nice words. Do I need to send them again a letter?

Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »