Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my score suck .. congratulation 4 all who passed - hsv
please help , currently i am doing kaplan q bank almost done 1/2 my score is 54% .. done UW got the same score 54% back in augest and failed the test 72/181 .. my question should i repeat the uw q bank again and take the test by may ?? or take the test after kaplan q bank in march ?? as i said this is my second attempt .. thanks and congratulation 4 who r passed and better luck 4 whome they didn't
I think you should start from zero again 1-Kaplan Ck books 2-Premier reviwe notes 3-Other sources for dermato, elderly, drugs, bioterris, etc 3-Usmleworld or Kaplan bank 4-Shaher CD for CSS and usmleworld for CCS, take nmbe one months before the exam and study again your weak points
i am sorry to hear the news.

but this time prepare for at lest 3-4 months..
have a very tight strategy....
study material should be excellent and concise.... too many resources sometimes leave you confused.. & unable to revise em all. as REVISION is the key.....
key is knowing what are we supposed to know in order to sit for STEP-III...learning those concepts, and being able to revise the study materiial at leat 5 times!
for CCS i recommend only 2 things...UW-CCS cases and Dr. Red's workshop on CCS.

and tell yourself..... this time i will prepare well and kill it.
and you can!!

Good luck.
i dont think doing the same Q banks again and again will help. Instead, I would say gathering all the UW/ Kaplan explainations for MCQs and reading them will be useful
like pindi suggested...devoting 3 months time if possible should help as you are saying this is your second attempt.
72 is not that bad to start from zero again. You will be fine this time. best of luck. god bless you
Read thoroughly kaplan step 3 books , kaplan qbank and uw qbank with the 88 ccs cases. Nothing else! Just read these repeatedly and as much as you can (3-5 times) and take nbme when you have about at least 2 more extra weeks, and if youget >400....then you will comfortably pass the exam.
GL
Dear Pindi you said: key is knowing what are we supposed to know in order to sit for STEP-III-----

what are we supposed to know?

maybe I missing to get this point?

thank you
you r supposed to know the things which you dont know previously!!
how much did you get in nbme?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »