Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a fax service i am using - smile83
hi friends,
i am just another candidate like u all.. preparing for scramble. I wanted to give some info that may be helpful to many of you guys who havent still taken any fax services.
I had subscribed to this service called 'greenfax' during the match season, coz i wanted to send faxes through email to some hospitals. i still have it and will be using it for scramble. some things abt greenfax which i liked
-its a prepaid internet fax service. so unlike many others which offered free trial for 1st month and then they ll charge from next month and so on, i found this one more reliable.
-i had subscribed it in november and its going to go on working till i dont use up all the money(i just sent 2 faxes today in the form of attachment). so no time limits for using it. so in case it dint get used up during scramble, it can be used later.
-the delivery was fast and i was notified via email abt each delivery.
-it tried few times before sending a undelivered message
-unlike many other services, its charges are not minute wise, they are pagewise. 1st page of every fax is 7 cents, rest of them are 5 cents.
-if the fax isnt delivered i dont get charged for it.

Few things u may find problem with
-minimum credit u have to purchase is 25$, but i preferred taking such prepaid service than giving my credit card no to services which claim 1st mnth free then this, then that etc. (it was my choice, others may have no prob giving number that way)
-if u r using a credit card of outside US, u may need to provide them with a foto of ur credit card or something. they said they are asking it for security reason like card thefts etc. i had used a virtual credit card which my bank provided me for single transaction, so had sent its copy to them. After payment they had asked me for the copy, i sent them this virtual card copy and they immediately accepted it and started my service.

Well, overall i am satisfied with its service, but i donno how good will it work in a mad process like scramble where every fax machine is supposed to be jammed within few minutes. For me this much thing is enough that its not a monthly payment thing. so if my money isnt used up now due to undelivered faxes or something, i ll still be able to use it later.(though i am yet to ask them if there is any last date by which the prepaid money should be used.)

Hope this helps at least some of u.. (i would still suggest that u read the site in detail and subscribe onli if u r sure abt it)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »