Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone got a message from a pd? - vicmd
We have completed our rank order list for this year . I remain very interested
in having you join our residency. You are ranked very highly on our list and I
would be very pleased if we were to match together. Best wishes in the Match.
I am asking because I got this message and I dont know what to think about it!I had few interesting responses from PDs, but I'm not just sure if its true or they send same messages to every interviewers. Message like this sounds very encouraging, but it looks generic to me, and its hard to know whats on their minds.
if you got this today, does it make any difference? i wouldnt think so bc our deadline to submit programs was back on the 25th, and theirs was on the same day, so what difference does it makeif they sent this to you today or yeseterday? best chance would be if you need to scramble, i guess i'd call them first, but i'd be calling anyplace I already interviewed with as that would be any scramblers best shot bc they already met with you.. hope that helps, good luck!
I think you have a very good chance of ending at that program given you rank it high. I don`t think its a common message. Is the program IM or FM.
thanks.the program is fm. I got the message on the morning of 25th feb right before i finalized my rank order list. I had written the Pd on the 19th of feb to tell him i was ranking the program high. i ranked the program 6th. Truth is,in my rank order list, i will be very happy to land in any of my first 7 programs.
then be content, if you ranked it 6th, what is the worry? even if they did write this to everyone else, they did send it to you, im sure you will do great, just be positive and good luck next week! Smile
thank you for response. I wish all of us luck next week. This is a tormenting ordeal. Hopefully, it will end up well for us.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »