Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
format for statement of need - rahul547843
Hi FRIEDNS I TRIED TO MAKE A COVER LETTER WHICH HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION OF LETTER OF NEED , PLEASE LET ME KNOW IS IT CORRECT OR I NEED TO MODIFY IT ?

To, Dated:

The Secretary ,
International Co-operations,
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare,
Government of India,
Nirman Bhavan,
New Delhi “ 110011

Sub : Application for Statement of need

Respected Sir,

I Dr .................. son of ........................ , a MBBS graduate from .............................. , Resident of ..........................., would like to request you Statement of need letter or no objection certificate. I have secured a residency position in Department of ............., University of .............................. I understand the scarcity of ..................... in India and I assure you that after completing my residency training in United States I will be returning back to India to practice in my home town..................

Enclose with this application is a copy of
1. Residency contact duly signed by me and Program director.
2. Written Assurance in the prescribed format.
3. A copy of my passport.

Kindly look into this matter.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

(Dr. )
Your adress

Phone:
E-mail:
please advise if it correct or wrong ?
Dear Congressman,
I am writing this letter to bring to your attention that qualified US citizen IMG(International Medical Graduates) are being denied the opportunity to interview and subsequently be admitted to medical residency training programs in the United States because these positions are being taken by foreign national IMG (International Medical Graduates). H1B and J1 visas are being offered and processed for these foreign nationals allowing them admittance to these programs. In fact foreign nationals are being given pre-match positions with the offer of œpremium processing of visas which is a fast track processing of visa applications. This practice of pre-matching candidates is in contradiction to the rules of the NRMP (National Residency Matching Program). The NRMP is the non-profit organization founded to establish a uniform date for admittance for all applicant seeking residency and fellowship training positions in the United States. It is the NRMP that provides the algorithm for the œmatching of candidates who interviewed for residency training programs to the programs they interviewed at.

The application process to residency training programs and internships are conducted through a centralized electronic application system (ERAS). This system is accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world with internet access. Since the number of applicants from abroad far outnumber US citizens and permanent residents applying for each vacancy, qualified US citizens and permanent residents are frequently never interviewed for those positions; which, ultimately are given to non-resident foreign applicants who are then supplied with H1B and J1 visas enabling them to work as physicians in the US. Screening for these H1B and J1 visa recipients is minimal at best, as hospitals are virtually unfettered in sponsoring H1B visas for candidates they hire from abroad.

Hospitals receive federal, city and state funds from tax dollars , yet citizens and permanent residents in the US who contribute these tax dollars are being outnumbered and ignored. There are currently thousands of unemployed, qualified graduates of foreign medical schools; both US citizens and permanent residents in the US capable of filling these vacancies.

Only after all eligible US citizens and permanent residents fill these vacant spots should non-resident applicants be employed. In most fields, obtaining an H1B and J1 visa is a very difficult process and stringent conditions apply before these visas are approved. In the medical field it is just the opposite. This practice is dangerous in that doctors provided with H1B and J visas in this manner are not screened as thoroughly as other prospective immigrants. This practice must be stopped outright.

We as ECFMG certified US citizen/permanent resident physicians are requesting that our elected officials bring this to the notice of the appropriate authorities and that foreign nationals not be given visas and admittance before considering us for interviews and admittance to these residency training programs. To this end we would like to meet with you personally to receive your advice and guidance concerning this matter.

Sincerely,

US Citizen, IMG

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »