Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to all frustrated GC/citizen IMG - usresident
I am sorry to say this but,

Most Americans might feel awkward with an IMG who is a US citizen.

Why would a US citizen go outside the country and go to school there and
want to come back?

Is that because they failed to get into the US medical schools?
and now some of them are protesting to close our eyes to their low scores?

If I were an American, I would feel safer with high score foreign national IMGs than with low score US citizen IMGs.

I am very sorry but this is reality. Wake up.
You should have studied harder not to fail to match.

Remember there are a lot of US citizen IMGs who got matched with very good scores
and not whine.
usresident,
You would benefit much more from a very basic English grammar course! It would definitely improve your chances of matching. It is '' I'm on their side'', not ''in their side''! There are many other mistakes in first three or four lines of your post, but I hav'n't got the patience to explain, you hav'n't got the brains to understand! I didn't read all the way down of your post, needless to say!
qutodoctor u will benefit from learning how to respect others and their values, i know you might be from a third world where people do not know what is respect, but wake up ur in united state and here every one is equal no matter if you are a doctor or pizza delivery guy.
There is a federal law that require not qualified aliens ( including J visa or H visa) can not receive the federal public benefits which include the professional license.
Read the following:
8 USC 1611. Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits
If you're not qualified, you may not receive "any grant, contract, loan, professional license, or commercial license provided by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States," nor "any retirement, welfare, health, disability, public or assisted housing, post-secondary education, food assistance, unemployment benefit, or any other similar benefit for which payments or assistance are provided to an individual, household, or family eligibility unit by an agency of the United States or by appropriated funds of the United States." There are exceptions for things like "short-term, non-cash, in-kind emergency disaster relief" and "public health assistance."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/u...-000-.html
J visa and H visa , of course, are not qualified aliens. So they can not receive the medical license which is the professional license. J visa and H visa can not receive the federal public benefits. J visa and H visa holders can not receive any medical license.
I ask the lawyer, and he verify this. Thanks gpt 289, you do a great job.
This is America, every have to follow the law. Email, call, talk with the state license board, they should add the requirement " US citizen and Green card holder" to their original medical license requirement.
This is the link to the contact information of state board medical license http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_eliinitial.html
The Arizona state board of nursing has followed this law and write it on their website. Read this: http://www.azbn.gov/News.aspx?ID=71
We should urge the state board medical license to write "require documentation of citizenship or nationality for licensure" on their website. This is the law , they have to follow it. No one can break the law, otherwise they will get sued.
Every state also has the law to enforce this federal law. Contact lawyer , senate and law agency in your state to find the state law to enforce this federal law. The number of Arizona state law is A.R.S. § 1-501.
Just like gpt 289 posted, Let's united together, send the email to all the state board license, call them, visit them, talk with the senator and judge in your state, contact president Obama.
The information about the senator
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_in...m?State=MD
Law is on our side.
Send this to the public news, the newspapers, the TV news. NBC news, ABC news, Fox news, New York Times, Washington Post, etc.
After all states follow the law, program director will not be happy to offer J or H visa because they can not even write a prescription.
Please also read this:
http://www.nrmp.org/data/advancedatatables2009.pdf
This is the fifth consecutive year there has been an increase in the number of U.S. citizens who graduated from international medical schools who did not match for a medical residency. There are 1771 US citizen IMG not matched. And I also believe that there are many Qualified Permanent Resident Doctors who left without obtaining a training position. There are 2356 American Medical Students not matched. At the same time, the J visa and H visa holders take away thousands of spots. We have to depend on the law to stop this.

gmurad,
What a third grade moron you are! Every human being can never be equal! Suck it up. Your stupid religious and communist propaganda! You should be kicked out of the country immediately. You don't even have the qualification to deliver pizzas in US. This country thrives and prospers on competition and natural selection of the fittest theory. Try your luck in Al Qaida Matching program next yer! F*king loser!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »