Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances of H1B rejection/background check in India - bms
I am planning to get my H1B stamped in India. i have been living in US for few years on F1 status. I am pursuing my graduate degree in Biomedical Sciences and will get my degree in May. I heard that with this background I may have to undergo background check or worst case scenario even a rejection. If my visa is delayed, what are the implications it will have for my residency? Will the program wait for me? Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.
I am in the same situation ( but not from India) , was here on F1 for almost 3 years. I don't have any idea about what background check are you talking about, I think they just look at your sevis and if you have been a bona fide student and you kept your student status legal , than I don't see any problems..... this is the only thing that can affect you in my opinion ( as long as you didn't killed someone .... just kidding)
i have a similar ques..i came to US on F1 visa....graduated in july '07...and right after got a job in US on H1 visa...I changed my F1 to H1 while being in US...and never went to india ever since...thus..have not got the h1 stamped on my passport...

not i hv to apply for j1 visa...as i have not taken step 3...but i m scared that because i changed my status in US without going back to india...will it affect my j1 application???

someone plz give me an feedback or advice?
thanks in advance!!
yes.. i agree with the aditi12345 ....that is for background check in india with the help of the passport office or PAN card identity ...for the rural people of India you can find their background details from the headman of the village.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »