Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plzzzzzzzz help me - drcrazy2005
guys my situation is very complicated..

--my fiance is us citizen, i applied for us immigration...she applied it from us.
it will take another 8 months.
---i got matched this yera and my prog only sponsors J1.
i need to get there in July, so my only hope is J1.

wat are my chances. i just applied for j1 and hace interview in embassy in few days...
you will get stuck with 2 year HRR if you go on a J1. Why dont you ask for a H1B, or negotiate a next year residency spot, explain on grounds of hardship etc etc
i donnt want to waste 1 yr,
and i have already tried to negotiate for H1B.they didnt agree...

is there any hope for me to get J1 ot its useless
anyoneeeeee
Really it is a hard situation, I think you have only those options:
1- Ask a trustfull lawyer about that because i know someone who was on j visa and was able to have the green card maybe that not easy but he did it
2- if you are sure that you gonna have the green card you must consider highly to wait few months, j Visa is the worst type of vis and and i think you will have alsohance by the next year , better to wait few months than to lose alot letter on.
I believe its a K visa...
the choice is yours to make buddy...
If you choose J visa you have to go for a J waiver after 3 years or reutrn to home country...
J waiver is possible...but difficult... and you never know what changes will be made to the existing rules in 3 years...

If you choose to leave the residency for this year.... you waste a year...

I agree with tomato.... If your progam is not willing to sponsor H1... negotiate for next year's spot... If you were good enough to match this year...you should be good for the next year too... But nothing can be taken for granted in match...so negotiation with your current program will be a better call....

just my 2 cents...
all the best
and do keep us informed...

HI Dr Crazy,

Did you decide what you are planning to do?
dont mean to scare u..but i m told...if u say u hv already applied for immigration/GC...they usually deny ur J1...but plz confirm with a lawyer..GL!
Hi dr crazy,

What are you planning to do?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »