Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J 1 visa stamping - do we need financial documents - mestep3
anyone plz

J 1 visa stamping - do we need financial documents like the ones we need for B1/B2 ?

or hospital steipend should be good
Exchange Visitor “ visa class J

Principal Applicant
1. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC Bank and interview appointment letter.
2. SEVIS generated Form DS-2019 in original, approved and signed by the University authority.
3. Proof of payment of SEVIS Fee Receipt I-901, if applicable.
4. Evidence of financial resources.
5. If you are being funded by an Organization (Indian or American), a letter from the organization explaining what funding will be provided.
6. Original Bachelor degree transcripts or high school diploma along with mark sheets from previous institutions attended.
7. If you are applying for a J-visa under a US Government (G) programme, you will need to apply directly at the US Embassy or Consulate.
between point 4 and point 5. It has to be either one and not both.

So i guess for all of us on J1 . . . the DS 2019 will say the stiphend we gonna receive.

any comments
someone said that the offer letter is good enough. What other docs(financial) do we need to prove that we would be returning back once the residency/fellowship is completed?
can the one apply without Evidence of financial resources?? Is a letter from the hospital telling that they will pay for me a salary enough for the embassy???
the question is:
do we need financial documents like the ones we need for B1/B2 ?

I hope freinds can tell us...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »