Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your advice, please! - evel2006
Thank you for your recommandations, "cmcases", about taking step 2CS.

I'm preparing to take it on august. with what you said, i feel more confident.

I'm an IMG living in Montreal (i'm not Canadian, just resident). I'll come and present to the matching with a visitor visa. I'm really scared that this type of visa point will compromise my candidacy. Could you tell me if a visitor visa like the one i have really matters for the matching? Is there something i can do to solve this problem if it is really one?

Please if anyone has some informations that could help me, i'll be very glad to receive them.

Thanks in advance!
I've been involved in medical practice and in student and resident education for many years and am always honest with people. Program Director's typically are concerned about the potential for a resident needing to leave a training program because of visa status. They feel safer Matching Green Card holders and citizens. However, if you are an excellent candidate with good Board scores, passing each on the first attempt, and good communication skills, most PDs in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and Psychiatry will rank you on their Match list. You should consider consulting with an immigration attorney if you have the funds. Good luck to you.
Thanks "cmcases" for the honesty of your answer. Is an immigration attorney able to chamge my visa status?
Hi, evel2006,
I am also in Montreal to prepare for CS exam. Could you please send email to me at: drcspass or leave your email address. Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »