Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thanks 4 answering this stupid q!!!!!!! - glipizide
in total how many pediatrics residency programs are there? to how many you should be applying ideally?
what's the apx cost of attending 15 interviews all over the country (travelling safely but sparing 5 star luxury!)?
i'm an img running on budget and counting on my pennies. thankful for any input. this is my 1st match, and due to financial reasons it might as well be my last!
search peds programs here

https://freida.ama-assn.org/Freida/user/...mSearch.do

Apply to as many programs you can afford to apply to. Of course make sure you research the programs before you apply.

i guess it would cost about $700/ interview (including air fare, hotel, food).
@crazycool6, some of the programs in frieda are not joining the match this year, either because they filled outside the match or because they are under probation. It is better to search for programs using eras search programs feature. (go to MyEras/programs/search programs).
thanks guys! that's quite a hell of a lot of a money for me :-(
oh dear! not good news for me. but i can't believe that there are only 195 pediatric programs!! are there any more not listed in freida site? thanks a million guys
Only 195 !! to how much programs you are planning to apply?
applicantguide,
he,he,he!! good one, man! i'll not be able to apply to any more than 40-45 programs at the most due to financial restrains. but US is such a damn big country- i thought there must be thousands of programs!! sorry if i sound amazingly stupid, but believe me, that's exactly what i thought!!! he, he, he!!!
ya it is a big country,but most of the country is deserts, mountains and forests. I had the same concept you have before, but when I came here, I realized that there are only few majour cities in this wide nation.

In 2009 population of india is 1,165,930,000
In 2009 population of USA is only 306,829,000
Do you measure development by population??? you got to be kidding!
US it's a big country and well develped..otherwise you should have stayed in your country
@bird77
I didnt mentioned anything about development, the question was just about why there are only few progrmas in this relativley big country. and the answer was clear, the number of population and their distribution reflects the number of programs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »