Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS failed..please help in CS result Interpretation - drcsrepeat
Folks i know how disheartening,painful and unjust it is to be given a failing grade by failing just one of the 3 components;ice,sep and cis.honestly i think this exam is structured to torture and torment examinees and should be revised to really test clinical skills.no wonder the committee to evaluate the usmle program came to the conclusion that this component of the usmle puts an awful amount of burden on examinees and its goal of assessing clinical skills is really questionable and therefore the usmle should seek other ways of testing these skills.
The bottom line is 99.9% of failures is attributable to the structure of the CS exam itself and not incompetence on the part of examinees.Now to the SEP component,let me stress this,if the so called SPs have difficulty in understanding you ,then you will be sentenced to failure.They dont give a gig whether you the 1,200 bucks payer understands them or not.SPs are the jury and the judges at the same time,no witnesses folks! if they understand you with ease thats cool, if they dont you head to the prison of failure even if you understand them.Americans dont care about accents in general but if you are a doctor or an aspiring doctor and have an ear irritating accent,then you better watch out beause you'll be judged by different standards.
my english is fine but I'm worried about all the little things that I forgot to ask or that I didn't do because of the timing issue...and about some differential diagnoses that I didn't discuss with the patients but that I put on the note...
it's such a horrid feeling- not beeing able to do well because of the timing...why 15 minutes? maybe if they gave 20 minutes people would have more time to do a decent PE and really stabilsh some rapport. 15 minutes just reinforces this already bad system here in the US.
Guys,
"speak slowly ,ask the simple questions " is the best advise given you here.
My accent is TERRIBLE, even my grammar is so far from perfection... I just acted like a parrot with all these questions and passed.
It is not a FATE or GOD or different standards, don't even hope. And don't try to dig deep, it is simple.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »