Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plz plz plz plz help - paimg
I get an invitation from Jamaica psychiatry program in Newyork to attend their exam in order to get an interview from them the bad luck put that exam at the same date of my interview at henry ford hospital psychiatry program in Michigan. my question are what do i have to do. I can't reschedule my interview Does it worth going to that exam i forget everything my las USMLE was 2 years ago. Anybody get an invitation for that exam. Please help
try to find out if you can reschedule at henry ford.As far as I have read on this forum, if you do well on the exam at Jamaica you are eligible for an IV and a possible prematch and they have alot of slots to offer. And in the meantime brush up on psychiatry.
Wish you all the best.
I would have planned to do the same thing (as suggested by 'mysam').
attempt to reschedule Henry Ford IV. (its makes no sense if you let go Jamaica one, there are many who have no IVs at all)
did they let you reschedule henry ford, because i am assuming they wouldn't let me do that.

exam first then iv?
Gosh, how much money do you have to spend on this stupid program?

they are ripping off imgs by new tricks.

stupid program!!!!!!!!!!

to attend their exam in order to get an interview from them the bad luck put that exam at the same date of my interview at henry ford hospital psychiatry program in Michigan. my question are what do i have to do. I can't reschedule my interview Does it worth going to that exam i forget everything my las USMLE was 2 years ago. Anybody get an invitation for that exam. Please help
paimg,
programs are supposed to help you out, they are the ones who are interested in you. The important thing is when you call them you most NOT tell them the reason why you need to change the dates as they can ASSUME you are not interested in their program. So, you have two choices either to call them or email. And inform them that you are looking forward to IV at their program but you would like to reschedule your appointment of date exyz to later or earlier date as it unfortunately clashes with your current schedule blah blah ...as some unforseeable events have happened which you have to attend too. It's really upto you what you want to tell them but be careful. Most importantly you should have some dates in mind so that you can negotiate accordingly.

Wish you all the best.
Thank you every body for your suggestions , I am waiting for more in order to make my dicision.
any more suggestions
lets try what are options you have--

1) leave your exam, go for IV
or 2) leave your IV, go for exam
or 3) reshedule your IV and go for both.

Is there anything else?
so why are you waiting for further suggestions?
already you got your suggestions from above all, warm hearted people.
Take your decision and go ahead --
don't waste your time.

Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »