Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pathophys Ques... - dr...b
A 56 yrs old person with right renal art. Occlusion 85%, lab values that best predict whether an operation that relieves the obstruction will reduce BP to normal is increase rennin activity in the

A- Left renal art vs right renal art.
B- Left renal vein vs right renal vein
C- right renal art vs. Left renal art
D- right renal vein vs Left renal vein

plz explain the ques. and answer, also what happens if right kidney is atrophy, will renin level increase than left or decrease... thanks
i think the concept here is that because Right renal artery is 85%occluded, so this kidney is making more renin which flows out through right renal vein, so now this renin would stimulate the whole renin angitensin aldosterone system n will cause increase in BP, this increase in BP would cause the normally perfused left kidney to produce low renin, so left renal vein has low renin......
so i think the answer is increased renin activity in right renal vein vs left renal vein ( where its low)..........D
probably with prolonged stenosis, the rt kidney wd undergo atrophy n may no longer produce renin
Goljan explains this in his audio 3, with atrophy, and i am confused a lot, if someone plz listen or read and explain, this will be nice.. i think he says that atrophy kidney has more renin than hypertrophy kidney... .. EXPLAIN plz... thanks
bb
right renal vein has already increased renin due to stenosis...
D
renin will be increase in the Rt renal Vein and decrease in the left renal vein
the question states...
...lab values that best PREDICT!!!
whether an OPERATION THAT RELIEVES THE OBSTRUCTION will reduce BP to normal is increase rennin activity in the

i know u guys are very helpful .. BUT i need more output on it, this is question from NBME forum 1 sec. 1, # 29,..............

thanks for ur time, plz explain..
hi dr b dr aa explained very well . ... i dont know why still u are not understanding need more explanation
my question now is that the after the surgery, Renin level will decrease in right renal vein...
after sugical correction of RRA's occlusion, renin levels in RRV will come back to normal, n of course there is no hyperreninemia so no HTN n hence the renin levels in LRV will also come back to normal
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »