Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any job ideas while waiting for residency? - notgivingupnow
it is so tough to find a job without being told you are not licensed for CNA/lpn positions, or clinical positions, or even pharm/biotech jobs while waiting for placement, and yet we are not authorized to work in a hospital setting, so we are overqualified on the one hand and under qualified on the other-any suggestions for the Chicagoland area? looked into even tutoring options, assisted elderly care, nanny positions, but no responses yet, guess i am being impatient. I do need something part time, as i intend to take my step 3 in the spring and must prepare for that during some downtime. thank you for any positive suggestions, leads, it would be awesome to have a research position but it's tough to even get that these days-
i heard of people working as medical assistants.....dont have much information actually though..Try private practices in the area...they tend to be more lenient about who they hire...

How about working in medical transcription? A friend of mine did that...doesnt do much for your CV...but at least it helps one pay the rent

Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »