Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God and Real Life- refresh urself.. - 1974
collected From the net ( paulo coelho's collection)

Christian tradition

A protestant priest, having started a family, no longer had any peace for his prayers. One night, when he knelt down, he was disturbed by the children in the living room.
œHave the children keep quiet! he shouted.
His startled wife obeyed. Thereafter, whenever the priest came home, they all maintained silence during prayers. But he realized that God was no longer listening.
One night, during his prayers, he asked the Lord: œwhat is going on? I have the necessary peace, and I cannot pray!
An angel replied: œHe hears words, but no longer hears the laughter. He notices the devotion, but can no longer see the joy.
The priest stood and shouted once again to his wife: œLet the children play! They are part of praying!
And his words were heard by God once again.

Muslim tradition

A blind man was begging on the road to Mecca, when a pious Moslem came over and asked whether the people were giving generously “ as the Koran commands. The man showed him his little tin, which was almost empty. The traveler said:
“ Let me write something on the card around your neck.
Hours later, the traveler returned. The beggar was surprised, for he had received a large amount of money.
“ What did you write on the card? “ he asked.
“ All I wrote was: Today is a beautiful spring day, the sun is shining, and I am blind.

Jewish tradition

Dov Beer de Mezeritch was asked:
œWhich example should one follow? That of pious men, who devote their lives to God? That of scholars, who seek to understand the will of the Almighty?
œThe best example is that of the child, he answered.
œA child knows nothing. It hasn™t yet learned what reality is, people commented.
œYou are all quite wrong, for a child possesses three qualities we should never forget, said Dov Beer. œThey are always joyful without reason. They are always busy. And when they want something, they know how to demand it firmly and with determination.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Thanks for sharing 1974, Paulo Coehl is one of my favorite authors.
nice!
i like paulo coelho's work too

@1974: can u plz share the source?
I could have done better! I would have written on the can of the Moslem beggar ''Every penny you donate here goes to the noble cause of Taliban''! The poor blind man would surely have earned ten times as much!
source..paulo coelho's blogspot website. u can access that by becoming his fan in USMLE Forum.. pliz no comment abt any sort of political or other sorts...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »