Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just one interview - smith_80
hey smith, hope_match and all my friends who r going thru this agony
just wanted to share that u r all not alone, I am with u also, this is my 4th match, low scores, 1 attempt, in stp1 and 2, old grad, had just one interview went very good but still no match, I was not hoping very much but their was a very slight hope tht after 3 years God has given me 1 int then He must have some good news for me, but alas, ALL IN VAIN
I am loosing hope now because my whole family is getting affected with it, I have 2 kids, 3 and 15 months, my husband works full time, I had no support in my studies or in my deliveries, just beside God and my hubby
so I am just trying to finish off this stp3, and will now think of some alternative plan, because I have one belief

ONE PLANS FOR HIM OR HELSELF THINKING IT IS MOST APPROPRIATE, BUT GOD HAS HIS OWN PLAN WHICH IS FAR MUCH BETTER THAN WHT WE PLAN

so please stop blaming God, we have to show tht even though we did not get wht we desired but still we r not going to leave HIS path, we will follow HIM only and will ask from HIM only

so have faith, we will succeeed one day, but in the meantime have some alternative plan, like after finishing my stp 3 I am planning to do some job in clinical research, and in the meantime I shall be applying, might b the doors of residency will open on me also oneday, inshaAllah, and Ameen
Hope_match: I am not that strong, I am just trying my best to see this loss in a different way. I prayed to God to put me in a residency, but I used to say: If it is not your will, do not let me match. God already has our life planned till the day we day and all we have to do is hang'n there and ask Him for guidance.
I know the feelling of being embarassed, how sad our parents are, today I saw my husband crying ( which is VERY rare)... But what can we do now? We didn't do anything wrong at all, we're actually winners because we've passed all Steps and proved in papers that we are smart people.
Now my dillema is about going back to my home country, oh man, what a hassle! I will have to go first, work my butt off and apply for residency there at the end of year. And then my husband won't be able to go with me right a way... Oh well!

i just received an email from my mom who said that my family knows how capable I am, and who lost was not me, but the program who put someone else on my place, they have no idea about their dumb choice. And then she said that whatever decision I make, they will be there to support me and work with me. All I have to do is keep praying, and God will help me as he always does.
sorry: Till the day we DIE, not day
Hi smith same story but finally match ...had scores of 90, 85 and 85 all first attempt ...applied everyyear since 2006 fourth year in match in last three i had altogether 22 ivs and this year only but to mu surprise I match ...I did research everything only this i worked as a security guard and even told one PD that for my family I had to do this as they could easily saw I got ecfmg certificate in 2006 and since then I am trying ........
great
wow folks, so many amazing stories! I don;t think I would have the guts to keep on trying every year. And this was my first match -try!
wow hopefor2010....I also wish that I think this way..I know positive thinking really helps..wish you all the best for your career.
smith,

i can relate to you but i just have a few words to say, i know its a survival thing!
but believe me what is happening to you is the best for your situation. It is only the mind that is desirous of all these materialistic things including a residency.

Some queries that you shud ask yourself

1) y do u think getting this particular reisdency is equivalent to success? hasnt this thought crippled your potential? dont yu know yu r already successful(yu ve handled life and yur problems well without yielding) - ----very few can do that much of hard work and very few can dedicate themselves when the tide is low

2) i succeeded only if i get a residency ====> is this thought your mental lock ?

Solutions

I see that you have a passion for cancer/epidemiology-----if you have loved it sincerely it will love you back. Its like falling in love with a girl(lets say yur interest - cancer) who/which is close to your heart and proposing to another who you think will give yu the material comforts.

you identify what yu like truly, that subject or field which will give yu greater success and bring out ur potential. Its only that you have not believed in it.............stop thinking of getting into a residency as the end of the world and start thinking that i will get in the best uni sometime in the future but let me propose to my interest and believe i can. Its a simple change of attitude that will do wonders and get everything yu want!

Just dont create artificial or mental boundaries......thats as simple as that. Please accept what comes to you because its what god prosed to you as he has a wonderfiul gift shortly.....keep tryin in places like NIH cancer institute or other places which will feed yur interests...yu may never know which door is going to open..believe me the only thing is that yu have only thought that this door will not give me wht i want........but it may not be !
Hey Smith,

Times of God are different from ours. He knows exactly what you are going through but you just need to wait for Him. I understand your pain because it is my second time unmatched as well. However, I keep up my faith. I am also doing research but they seem not to care of it. One thing i have realized is that USCE is better. Maybe try an externship this year. Cheer up!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »