Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cancel prematch - usmleblues09
is there any circumstance that the prog can cancel a prematch after one signs the document due to any reason. A friend matched at sisters hosp , now her sister is shifting from that place in second year. any chance my friends prematch can be cancelled by the PD. she gt the offer last week...she has signed it already but still worried that they mite reconsider her case once her sis leaves...
Once the contract is signed both parties are legally bound.
However, their threshold to fire your friend once she starts may be very low if they are upset at her sister.
They make look for any excuse to get read of her, that is what she should be aware of.

I hope her sister gave a valid reason for why she is leaving like joining her husband. If she just left for a better program, I am afraid your friend could face a more difficult internship than others.

Dr. Belibi
yes she is leaving for her husband ...i know she will face a difficult internship than others ....she is preparing herself mentally for that.
only thing of concern for her is her prematch getting cancelled.
Dont worry About it. I dont think it is a big issue..It happens in many programs..Its not that she performed poorly , she went out of the program for genuine reason..She will be just fine
her sis actually has a very good reputation in the program..so loosing a good resident might be an issue with them.
how would they compensate for one unfilled seat that will be created?
no link between the two things. PDs dont judge on people based on their sisters bad ethical behaivor. every individual is a special case.
my friend has been freaking out ever since she signed the prematch ...it hurts to see her not feel happy for her own achievements!!
she has 90 plus scores with cs first attempt.,,,2007 grad.. also had been working with docs in the same hosp for almost 4 months whose LORS she had. she had the maximum chance to match there...she had 5 iv calls ....how could she refuse the prematch offer.
i will pass your words to her so that she can atleast celebrate and thank god for wat she got.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »