Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What documents need to be faxed during scramble? - breezmoon
Scramble is coming soon. This may be the last struggle for many of us-OLD IMG. Many people still suggest to use fax to contact the program, but I don't know:

1. What documents can we fax? and when?
2. Do we need to submit our applications through ERAS and fax simultaneously? If so we need at least a term working together? Am I right?

In addition, in ERAS website, it shows:
The applicant must have applied to and paid for at least one ACGME-accredited program by 5:00 P.M. ET on March 15, 2010.

I don't know what it means.

Thanks ahead for any suggestion and input.
You can not fax, read well the last two emails sent to you by ERAS and NRMP. The PDs will disable their fax machines and will not respond to any emails during the scramble day. My PD told me that they had agreement with ERAS to keep the applications through them.
To join the scramble you must have applied through ERAS to at least one program during the main match, this is how they charge the fee of the unfilled program list.
breezmoon, don't pay attention to applicantguide, ERAS or anybody else, fax and/or e-mail a copy of your ERAS application or your CV to as many programs as you can, if they don't get it its up to them, if you did not apply to ERAS try to get the unfilled program list from a friend. Good luck.
Somebody here is teaching the applicantguide, NRMP and ERAS, what a shame!!!!!!!! This forum really sucks.
Thanks for your input, but I still get confused:

Fax or not?
Fax what documents?

Some consultants from studentdoc suggested do, but some posts from this forum said it was useless, which is right?

You should not be confused, I emailed more than 200 PC and they told me that during the scramble they will disable their fax machines. They clearly said that they will review and filter the applications only through ERAS. Also NRMP and ERAS adviced applicants not to fax or email programs.
You can fax one CV 1000 times it doesn't cost you anything, you can eather fax or do nothing, fax a copy of the ERAS application, LORs, copy of your Steps results, copy of your certificate. Don't pay anyone, do it yourself, push, push and push, don't wait on anybody.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »