Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaplan materials FOR FREE – Seminars, tapes, boo - mdrobert91
Hello all “ Just thought I would tell everyone about my experience at the Kapan center “ Manhattan International.

I went there two years ago after I had bought some of their illegal materials online. To my surprise, after hours and hours of videos, I took the exam and failed. I realized that the materials were probably incomplete and out of date at best.

On a whim I went to the center to their Attaining Residency Seminar and the open house which was the same day.

I got the following that day which was a great intro to what I needed.

1. The open house/one day pass included Live Lectures for Step one with 100 other students.
2. I got to watch Step One videos all day long.
3. I took a diagnostic and got a free consultation from one of their medical advisors.
4. I was given a demo of their online Qbank.
5. I had the chance to speak with other international doctors through the day and got a better since of what the difference is between studying at home and studying at the center.
6. At the end of the day I went to the attaining residency seminar and it was very informative. I had been doing my own research but this went way beyond what I expected which would be a bunch of Kaplan sales stuff.
7. They have a great medical library as well which they always encouraged people to use.

It was apparent to me that the staff cared greatly for the student there and were always trying to help further the students. I signed up for the deluxe prep two week later and took my Step one 4 month after that. I ended up getting 95% on my step one exam and now feel more confident than ever about taking my step two (which I had to postpone until now).

Every day they offer a free one day pass and it is worth it just to go to the seminars and try it out.

This month they have the following seminars “ USMLE

07/20/05 “ test taking strategies
07/27/05 “ attaining residency
07/28/05 “ personal statement workshop

Every day free one day pass!

131 West 56th Street
New York “ NY

212-977-8200 ex#2

Call them and register or just walk in “ I did and will never regret it.
Listen people this jerk works for Kaplan. He™s posted the same thing on USMLE Made Ridiculously Easy website o n July 11. Title Awsome Course

The object is to get people into the center so they can talk you into paying for those expensive courses. I took Kaplan™s DeluxPrep at the 56th Street Center. Oh, they were very nice until I had paid them, after that the majority of the staff was rude. They acted as if you were disturbing them when you tried to ask them a question. They seem to forget that if we don™t pay for their courses, they will be out of business. When I did get a chance to ask a question, they never knew the answer, everyone would pass you along to the next staffer with I™ll find out. Problem is NO ONE ever found out anything.
As to the center itself, there were so many people taking courses there, that It was constantly overcrowded and on many days they were not enough seats for the people in the center.
Bottom Line: for $4299.00 US, I expect better. Kaplan™s interest in you as a person/student stops the moment they have your money.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »