Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS experience , very short - learncs
ok so i would like give a contribution to the forum, i feel guilty not doing so.

My prep was about 3 months because i was always slow in learning stuff , and there was no live partner i could practice with who is going taking the exam .
I started reading FA and memorizing differentials , which is important to know what question you need to ask . Once you get 2 or 3 differentials for each case, read the practice cases once real quick and practice if you can remember around 60% of it.
The mnemonic PAMHUGSFOSS LIQORAAA will help you to cover most of the questions.
Now you must also know specific question for each organ system , it is listed in the latest FA book.

After you have mastered these questioning skills, go find a partner in the forum and practice through skype. Better if you can practice in live if not skype chat will do .
In practicing through the internet its best if you have several partners to practice with because it can be exhausting to practice with 1 person for several cases.
Try to time your practice sesion so it would end around 2 or 3 minutes earlier than the allowed time (15 mins)
Practice FA cases around 2 or 3 times for each case , and if you have remembered all FA cases you can try UW cases which are more lengthy.
Other books i recommend reading is Kaplan 35 complex cases (although its difficult to practice from it with with no list of answers forthe SP , only a checklist) but the introduction chapter and questioning skills chapter is really good and points out small things that are overlooked in FA.
If you dont have any experience of US patient encounters , you should try Csevideo dott comm it really helps to get a feeling of how the exam would be and how you should approach and talk to the SPs .
I try to make this short, so if you do all of this i guarantee you will pass the exam !
oh and also practice your patient note ! dont forget to SMILE !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »