Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
911 emergency.. - chromosomesaid
i've been preparing for step for the longest time eva.
but when i started takin prep exams i had a bad scores...specially on UWSA and nbme 3,4,5
but 6th-188
7th-185
1,2-188

my score is not improving at all....October is my last month cant extend beyond that....
i've done uw twice-2nd time it was somewhere around 65 % ( i dun rememba clearly)
kaplan once -52%...

honestly F on exam is not an option....cannot afford mentally or moneywise....

where is my prep lacking........
any kind of help is welcomed.....

please reply Sad
i meant to say i failed UWSA n nbme 3,4,5..which i took 3/4 months ago......
I have similar problem with you, but I think I know what's wrong: you have not grasped concepts well, because reading simply questions does not work unless you get underlying concept. Since you don't have time left then go ahead and try to take exam. Till exam do your best and read most important subjects.
you need to go back into the literature...if your borderline...your theortical knowledge is lacking...conceptual knowledge is lacking...

go through kaplan..if needed go through the videos along with it...

your fundamental knowledge of WHY something happens..rather than just knowing the diagnosis will get you further..trust me...ive been in your position too
read this post

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=537824.

hope it solves your problem.
do not take the test unless u r readyy
what needs to be done??
study kaplan 1 to all
goljan
med essentials/Fa....
thats all i've been following.
I think we both are in the same boat for my score also is not improving I think the problem lies in reading the question and figuring out stem of the question and eliminating all the distractors in the question.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »