Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to anybody that can answer nbme 2 ?'s - apinzo
10. B-looks like asthma where methacholine test will be useful.
11. A OR C. I think I choose A, because they giving us a clue that she has never smoked and has lower lobe infiltrates which is characteristic for alpha1 antitripsin deficiency. In the question wasn't anything said about renal involvement, that's why I kind of ruled out Wegener's... any other thoughts about this question?
12.E.
13.B.
14.C.
15.A. Looks like Conn's.
16.C.
hi can someone tell me how u get hold of the nbme form 1 and form 2 questions???////
Hey thanks usmlega,

11. I was thinking about Wegener's too, but I think also the lower lobe infiltrates and scarring would favor alpha-1 antitripsin deficiency. I'd go with A.

15. This one is tough...Mamu says E Renal Glomeruli..maybe later he can share his thoughts. I would guess A also, but why is the Na normal, I would think there should be hypernatremia above 145mg/dl with hypokalemia in Conn's but that would be to easy....

I agree on all your other answers too...thank you for your insight!

Dam Yahoo keeps going off line...then back online...whats up with that!!!!
You are welcome, apinzo, I will answer rest of the questions as soon as I can access the site.
Mamu, can you explain you answer for 11 and 15.
I'm taking my exam 19th of September, so I'm really stressed now. My NBME score was low 400, but I didn't postpone the exam, took 2 weeks ago. I just want to pass (praying for it) and not to wait more longer.
answer to Q 15 - low K is due to beta blocker, no relation to adrenal gland.
abdominal MRI is normal. Only logical explaination is renal glomeruli.

answer to Q 11 - i think i did it wrong, A is right answer
mamu ,hypo k is due to beta agonism
bun cr ratio shows pre renal azotemia i think renal failure might be the cause of htn so may b renal artery is the ans
Mamu, swan, usmlega:

Q15 - the Magnetic Resonance ANGIOGRAPHY not image is normal, wouldn't that rule out renal artery stenosis and therefore an adrenal mass is not ruled out. There is also a slight metabolic acidosis; abnormal HCO3 but no CO2 value to help, is this renal failure due to renal glomeruli? In Conn's there is a metabolic alkalosis...hum??

drv: whats your e-mail address?
hi, i think everybody needs to chill. i just took form 2 and got stomped. my score was 510. how did everyone else do? if anyone has the time, just type the questions out one by one and i think we should be able to figure them out. i went to the link but unforunately, it does not work. i am taking my exam next week so i would like to see where i am weak at also.
dear apinzo,
Ur briefcase does not unlock............do u mind posting the questions on the forum?????
chill
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »