Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rol - dep
If program rank me high lets say on no 1 and i rank that program very low like 9th or 10th no,would there be any chance to be matched in that program in case if other top 9 programs don't rank me high ??????

Does the matching depend more on program ranking order or our ranking order or its just random computer based selection?
what I understand is if you rank a program A low, but other candidates rank that program A high, then that slots for program A would be filled with those candidates. That's what I understand.
Anyone who has experienced, please help us for this year!!! Thanks
if a prog ranks u so high as no.1...no matter hw low u rank it, u'll match there if the rest of the progs wch u ranked above it do not rank u high enough
on nrmp website there is a nice algorithm-- go through it and learn about how matching works..
gudluk
Thank u calilover and drkaly...so program ranking has high impact on matching...
drkaly, thats not true...if a program ranks you #1....and you have them ranked number 10....if your number #2 or 3 choice ranks you high enough, then you'll get that choice...not something you've ranked super low..so even though a program might have ranked u as their #1, but its not ur top choice, they wont force you to go there and ignore all your other choices from ur list..go by your top preferences and rank them accordingly....the rank system is based on your ranking order (considering the programs rank you somewhere on their list too)....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »