Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
desperate people before IV... - pahology11
Why are you so desperate?

Everybody gets nervous to a degree but you need to learn how to cope with it...everyday a few people ask here how the IV experience was in such and such place...

Does it really matter how my IV was at University X? Your IV will be completely different...nobody answers it anyway! (sorry to say that very few replies if any to this type of question).

Just prepare your answers, wear your suit, and be honest...

good luck to all...
I think answer to this questions they will know after 2/3 IVs and replies they will get after these Ivs.

You will see clear intrest by the interviewer,if they like you and they will say something really exceptional that they like you,otherwise just general talk and they never say bad or normal things to any candidate.
hi
pahology11
you are so good at IV and steps, can you tell me how to present a case like MI?
i will have to do that next Monday, I would appreciate your help.
thanks in advance. mary
even I read the link about it, still not sure...
Mary,

MI or any other case:

you need to start with the patients age, race, gender, chief complain and the characteristic of the chief complain, such as duration, when it started ,how, what the v=severity, associated symptoms, medicines that pt is on. if pt tried anything to relieve the symptoms such as meds.

Physical exam: general, lung/cardiovascular focused exam ; what you found out.

family Hx regarding to the MI, past medical Hx, surgical Hx. allergies..

then differential DX, then how to manage it.

I think for the IV purpose, you dont go into details with findings of labs, imaging tests, vitals...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »