Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROL AND QUOTA a much needed insight - rahulr
I too thought so drrogerfederer. But if people say otherwise it makes me confused may be my idea about the thing si not correct and in that case I should rectify it so that I dont do the same mistake again.
Good Luck.....
It is impossible I agree it goes in favor of the applicant. I had this question and many PD and coordinators clarified it to me. You should have matched there, the only way not to match in that program is to be matched at the numbers 1-3 becaused you prefered those programs. If you were not a match for number 1-3 then the match process would have gone to your number 4 and found you were no1 in their list and match you there, even though someone else hah put that program higher. You would have matched there and the last person ranked and preliminarily matched there would go unmatched and the match would go to his/her next option.
yes latinmd. thats what logic says. so the information that the PD ranked me as 1 is NOT CORRECT. thats what i wanted to clarify. I really feel, its all their discretion that whom to take whom not to take, but we can expect some truthfulness not to hurt people and also not to confuse applicants with this kind of false information. thanks for knowledge.
In the match, there are no guarantees. So the lesson is go on tons of interviews, be awesome, and pray!
It is impossible. No way you can get unmatched if the program had ranked you as # 1 and you had also ranked the program in your ROL. Confirm with the program if they indeed ranked you # 1.
Totally agree, it is impossible to go unmatched with a program ranked you No.1 one of my friend matched to his 9th ranked program, that clearly shows you could have matched into 4th position.
thanks drrogerfederer and everyone.
I agree, it is impossible not to match. You should have matched. The only explanation is that they didnt rank you no 1.
if you dont mind, which program was this?
yes, it was wrong information no doubt. But very sorry, its not right to disclose the name of the program.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »