Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help needed please - usmleish
kindly all of u pass ur comments...i have to choose the best option,m totally confused.

its ali here.i m from pakistan.
i got 95 in usmle step1 and now a days preparing for step2.
i was thinking to take this exam in frst or second week of july but as u know that from 17 july onward step2cs exam is going to be of typing stuff in which every 1 has to type.i m very scared of this typing n want to apply for upcoming match.so i thought to change my plan a lil bit ,kindly guide me.i m thinking to come to usa to take step2 cs exam first in end of june or first week of july then i will restart my step2ck preparartion in usa to take it in mid of august(most probably...lets c)).by doing this i wil b safe from typing exam plus most probably will be able to apply for match in time.bcz only if i take cs before 17 july then i will get cs result in the end of august.
but i m afraid that may be my step2 preparation will take more time as expected after a gap of 1 month bcz now i m in position to take it within 45 days(approximate).but if i stay in pakistan to take step2ck first then i wont be able to apply for thhis match in time plus typing will definitly be tough for me and my visa to usa will expire in january 2012. kindly guide me.
if i come to usa then will it cause bad effect on my step2 ck exam.
benefits in taking cs first are
1.no typing
2.may be able to also take ck in mid of august n apply for upcoming match in time
3.can take both step2 and step3 with a gap of 1 month
4.visa goin to expire in start of next year
drawback of taking cs frst is
1. may be it will take much longer than expected to complete my ck study.

kindly help by giving ur opinions

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »