Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
released CCS case discussion - sriganesh
for eg. the pneumothorax
What is the perfect way to manage this?
Whenevr i try to counsel pt abt smoking cessation, allergen avoidance, alcohol etc in this case, it says patient is too ill to co-operate.
also, we have to necessarily admit this pt right?
when do we discharge and send home? can we write orders to discharge and then counsel?
can experienced members please help me. very confused and worried about ccs.
also we are not able to prescribe drugs bid, tid? i am only getting the option continuous or stat.
misshyd? can u please help?
god bless u
somebody please help
I think ccs doses of drugs not allowed.
@sami, forever07 can you respond please?
u r counseling the pt while u r still in process of his treatment which means before ur 5 mins pop screen. it is okay to counsel during ur cases if pt is cooperative and feeling better to understand his or her counseling. But in your case, the pt can denied ur counseling for what ever reason....which is ok, just wait for ur 5 mins and counsel him and click for later option....and select the appropriate date for this counseling, it could be in 1 or 2 days/

In general, counseling usually is done if u r discharging pt home or pt is feeling better, not to say we cant counseling during our approach. but most of the time counseling is done during ur 5 min pop screen.

On the other hand...if the case is an office visit, u should counsel the pt during his or her visit, it very ideal to do so . You might complete all ur counseling by the time ur 5 mins come up and then all what u need to do is ordering preventative care and write ur dx and exit ur case
yes u need to admit to icu pt with pneumothorax

for ur question regard ur discharge, if u decided to discharge pt in any case when pt is feeling better, then d/c iv and change to po if necessary to give medication, the write new order for future like if u need to monitor pt or cbc, and then u could counsel and discharge.
Thanks sami. very useful.
But i think in pnemuthorax, after chest tube placement, can admit to ward. is icu necessary?
Thanks in advance
thanks sami, but why should stable patient with chest tubes be in icu?
anybody? please? sami?
yes if pt is stable u dont need icu, unless if the pt is intubated or unstable
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »