Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Dr. Sami - browngirl
I just saw the message in which it is mentioned that prep from UW neither MTB nor ARcher, and I guess Premier too, is sufficient for the type of questions asked on the exm. Then, what source do we use to answer questions that are similar to the exam. You were mentioning about knowing mortality and recovery then where do we study that from. Please help, I am now panicking as my exam is coming up in 3 weeks. I am also not getting a good handle on CCS.

Is there any advice or source you would have for me? Where can I look up questions or material that would be similar to exm questions, and I am doing premier, is that sufficient with UW? My email: sirakhan

I would greatly appreciate your help!!
browngirl, u can study more detail about diff topic from cmtd, or sometimes doing search for specific topic online. Premier is a good source for many things. if you are doing premier and uw then u should have good information on hand.

I didnt mean to make u panic about previous questions, but You will see those kind of choices on exams.

Try doing kaplan qbook or bank. if u dont have them, let us know
browngirl, what you need is knowing concept thoroughly. You need to choose a good prep source that most of the other people follow or if you do not know which ones to folow, you must liusten to samples of what these courses have to offer and then choose the ones that explain you the concept better. At present, of the materials I know., the closest ones that have most information for step 3 are Archer review and UW. UW may not give you exact questions but it will help you with practice . Archer gives you the evidence and concept behind step 3 like questions and topics. Remember you must know the concept for step 3 in detail, the questions are twisters and sometimes, very vague.

There are some people here on forum ( they have been present for 2 years here, they themselves have no residency and are on the forum for 24 hours a day ...i call them parasites) these people give inexperienced advises to others and making them panic - their intention is to misdirect them with some ulterior motives. Ignore those. Keep your faith and most importantly, understand the rationale and evidence behind the questions on step 3. If you know that, you can answer any question.
You guys are awesome, thank you for your advice!! So doing Premier review is enough, right? Sami, what is cmtd? and yes I have Kaplan Q book that I do time to time!!
brown girl, i have no idea about premier but if you are doing it continue it.
But if you are just starting a course, i suggest archer which has best explanation of step 3 concepts and uw qbank. If you are just starting , you have another option - ask for sample video clips from both the courses like Archer and Premier, compare them and then buy Smile .
Do not get cheated by campaigners here

good luck dear
Do you know what is CMTD that Sami has mentioned in his message? Thanks so much for all your help!!
CURRENT MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT...CMDT
both of you are doing awesome contributions to this forum. thank u guys though I am a silent member of the forum.
@misshyd.. ya there are some weird people in this forum purely for advertisements but Dr sami and u are really nice and helpful . Dr sami gives us instant replies and helps us without any cruel intentions.
we are lucky to have u guys here..
are u guys doing residency somewhere ? when did u take step 3 ..well , God bless u guys its amazing to see good souls helping us like this....Smile
What is MTB?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »