Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi all! plz guide me about step 3 preparation! - drbiaseven86
hi all! i just got done with CK.i have taken my CS already.i request for some guidance about the books n other material required to prepare step 3..
what is the optimum time to prepare step 3 after step 2 CK..
thx in anticipation for ur precious time and advise.Smile
Start with your CK notes (although recent Ck but it wouldnt hurt)
Than do UW Qbank. after doing it u can take any review course. and than repeat UW, if still have time can also do Kaplan/MKSAP or both.
For CCS practice UW interactive cases and than cases on forum. you can also take online CCS courses.
@meduploader : ok ! thank u for replying Smile
@meduploader,is review course essential ??,then plz,tell me what ,s MKSAP
MKSAP - Its medical lnowledge self assesment for physicians. current version is 15.
@jsharm: it depends on person, somebody needs it and other dont.
if u want to do any my personal opinion is do it after UW. U can improve a lot after doing MCQs.
@meduploader,thanx for ur suggestion.lemme start from here
jsharmi3,

Kaplan is not the standard for Step 3, no one uses it either for Q bank or lectures. If your step 2ck score is very low ( less than 80), then you can use kaplan step 2ck notes for basic pick up.Step 3 approach is at next level than ck and you can not expect ck to solve step 3 questions.

If you are newly starting, i suggest the standard courses which is Archer for theory and UW for qbank. MTb is from kaplan and you can use it as a quick review book in the last minute. But for a complete step 3 course, Archer is definitely the most useful and is less costly.

With respect to qbank, No, kaplan qbank is not sufficient enough compared with UW .
UW is useful for CCS and MCQ . When doing UW CCS, first do Dr.Red CCS and then practice on UW because interactive UW software has quite a lot of errors that can dictate the managament and doing one wrong step such as in report time errors can lead to mismanagement

good luck.
@ misshyd : thanks...i am a ner starter..i heard ppl saying that mtb 3 and uworld q bank is enough to prepare step 3 ,,i got 237 in step1,step 2 result awaiting n my Cs is passed...how long does it take to read archer? i am planning exam by oct InshaAllah !
Do archer after UW mcqs, if u will do it before UW, u will get high score on UW (false+) and learning purpose of UW will be compromised. Archer is good after doing UW.
And kaplan is not as good as UW but if u have time go for offline version.
MKSAP will help you to think broad.
@meduploader: thx . i will try to comply with ur advise Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »