Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my experience - drpred
first of all i want to thank you sami for what you did in this forum and also thanks to all other great people that help others like misshyd,forever,king and the others that i cant remember the names
i passed step 3 with 92/218
i cant tell you how for how long did i study or how much i am very busy person with so many responsibilities some days i didnt study at all somedays more than 8 hours a day and i had another exam before usmle that wasnt related but the material was some how similar so i was off and on on study for step 3 i used kaplan q bank i have to tell you you wont see kaplans q on exam but this q bank is useful help you to open your eyes and know the tricks.then i use uw whci my score was 74 percent first time and i review hlf of it before exam couldnt finish the review.this qbank is a must i have 3-4 q exactly the same as uw and and 10 percent of q were like uw and of course it help you for the rest of the q but the q in real exam are longer and harder and my another q bank was this forum i went through all the q that were posted in the last year save and study all of them i found mre than 1500 valuable test in this forum and it is a free useful q bank that you can use so dont miss it in the middle of the exam i just smiled sami and thanked you and dr bumbawhen i saw some q that exactly looklike the q that you posted and i knew the answer because of you and bumba of one my test was exactly the same as one one the q that bumba posted.my overal score on mcq part was high and i guess the only reason that i didnt get 99 was my ccs.
i uesd ccs oofline uw which is so helpful and is a must but i messed up some how first i had 3 ped case in my exam which i wasnt ready cause i thought i may have one case and ped is easy which wasnt . my score for ccs was borderline and above so this was my main problem the cases are the one that you can find in uw and this forum so you dont need anything else but manage thses case over and over again which i didnt.
I didnt do any assessment before the exam cause i couldnt change the time and didnt want to panic myself with any score.
wish the best for all of you
Thank you Dr Pred for sharing experience.

Congrats for very good score! I can understand how we struggle this journey,

Wish u best of luck for the match.
congrats n thanks for the experience
congratulations dear.!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »