Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sami2004 and docsammd are the same people! - slave
Sami2004 and docsammd are the same people! They both failed CS twice...
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=537208
And how will that info help us on getting IVs? ???
http://www.valuemd.com/residency-match-f...pts-5.html
DocSAMMD

Downloads
Uploads
Here is the story ....enjoy from the OP

I failed my first attempt at CS because i forgot to conclude with the patients. I was so used to presenting my differential to my attendee/resident i completely forgot to conclude with my std pts. Take for example i never explained the need for tests or how they work i.e., doppler. Plus my note was borderline.

Second Attempt my Handwriting finally caught up to me. It has always been a problem of mine when i am rushed. I am not a fast typist and that was the section i failed. Plus i spent so much time in filling in the physical portion of the exam my H&P was just like first aide (I HATE THAT BOOK)!!!!!!

Third attempt and by then I didnt give a %^&* and bye bye match I worked hard on my handwriting and did NOT practice just told myself to relax....... PASSED

Now that i missed the match i took Step 3 and rocked it, plus i did 2 months of observer-ship and got a great LOR. I am applying to IM/FP and after a couple of calls I have found more IM programs do not care about the attempts as long as i am ECFMG certified vs FP. One FP program states for applicants 4 attempts at step 1 and 2 yet only one attempt at CS.... SERIOUSLY.

Throughout this time my grandmother was dx with Rt colon CA that mets, passed away and my father lost his job. I didnt write this in my PS because i do not believe my PS should be crying a river.

I get offended when people doubt my clinical acumen from a ** exam and everybody has their own opinion. Thanks all of u for the input. I will keep this thread posted.
Last edited by DocSAMMD; 09-14-2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Grammer
Relax and Soon it Shall Pass

DONE WITH USMLE FO'EVA
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »