Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed - xyz987
Thanks for the response..
Ya he would take anything he gets..
What are the chances if he goes for couple match.. his girlfren has very good credentials.

I think couple match means they have to be married. If his gf/wife got in at a good university program, his chances would probably be low. But if she got into a small community program in a small town that's like more rural & a place that people wouldn't normally want to be, he has good chances I think if he does an observership there & they like him & if she makes a good impression on the faculty/PD.

I just meant any small community program, he would have better chances at...doesn't necessarily have to be rural or anything else.

If they are gonna get married & thinking about his residency as well & she wants to help him, it might be better for her to go for a small community program....cuz there are better chances they will accept him there than if she were to get into a more competitive program.

I think it's tough to get into FP programs these days too....a guy in my husband's program had double 99's & they offered him a prematch. My husband had in 80s (1st attempt) + MPH & he went through the match & got in.
Thank u.. That means they have to apply to small community hospital to increase his chance to get matched..??

What if they dont go for couple match this year.. and she gets into some community program and then he apply into same program next year would it still be called couple match??
@xyz987-Thank you, can you plzz share which program is it?

and is it possible that one person match to IM and other person match into FM in the same program through couple match??

Yes that would be fine if she gets in 1st & he tries later. If one person matches in IM, the other in FM, it wouldn't be the same program...it might help that she is working in the same hospital though.

I cant share that info, this is a public forum, sorry. My possible residency is on the line.
thank u.. I understand.. thanks for your info..
GOODLUCK with your residency.. Smile
Can i talk to you more on your email ? my email id pursuit116
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »