Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How in-depth is the Exam -
Drzelda

Folks how comprehensive is this step 2 exam. Do they ask whats the medicine for a disease or they could ask what are the side affects/ dose of that medicine.
I am trying to figure out to what level should i engage myself for this exam. Any input is appreciated.
Hedi

It is not very indepth. Just common diseases mostly .
For subjects to study you should choose a review series that suits you best and stick to it.
Answering MCQ's is a necessity as knowing the subject A to Z doesn't ensute you'll get the correct answer - sometimes choosing between two choices is tough !
Kaplan Q Bank and medrevu.com were good MCQ sources in my opinion.
DrZelda

Thanks Heidi for this good advise. I heard that as you progress in the exam the exam starts getting harder based on the questions you answer correctly. Is their such a mechanism built-in the exam.
MelbUni

As far as I know (and I think it's accurate), the questions for Step 2 are NOT stepped in terms of difficulty level according on how well/badly you are doing during the exam. They are already set at the start of the exams. It is not the same as Step 1.
Dr.Knowledge

Dr.Zelda.
your concern about blocks getting tougher is right. but i have known that they are supposed to implement such a system.. they still havent done it so far. i dont know if this would help you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »