Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
only 10 interviews.. will i match? - tonger
@usmle65, if we want to go by statistics, then your chances are lower than say, for example, the OP's! However my friend matched last year with only 3Ivs so there's definitely hope. Of course you should definitely go for your last interview( you aren't seriously considering not going, are u?).
my buddy from AUA only had 1 interview... low scores and visa required... matched with 1 interview.. so yes its very possible
@5pani, it is competitive!! That's what you keep hearing about people not wanting to go into it but the reality is that there will always be people who are genuinely interested in OBGYN who can't see themselves doing anything else. And there are only enough spots to go around aforementioned persons, imagine only a little over 1,200 obgyn residency spots offered! I interviewed in an obgyn program last year with only 3 spots and they interviewed about 80 of us!!
Thank alot skirilarry and gorman! This forum has always given me sincere advice, may God bless u allSmile
how many progs did u apply to? if you applied to every FM/IM prog in the US, 10 ivs isn;t much. if you limited urself to progs north of the border, then i suppose it's pretty good.

i applied to about 95 programs... my school adviser said 120 is a good number... but im broke lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »