Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reporting program for Match Violation. - ecfmgcertified
I guess similar to this violation

MAIN 2011 Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-MN 1328400C0 Psychiatry

******Statement*******

In the 2011 Main Residency Match, the Psychiatry program at Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education required a match applicant to disclose programs at which the applicant planned to interview and which programs the applicant considered top choices. Programs are prohibited from requesting applicants to reveal ranking preferences or from requiring applicants to reveal the names or identities of programs to which they have or may apply.

*********Sanction***********

The NRMP has identified the Psychiatry program as a match violator in the NRMP's Registration, Ranking, and Results (R3) System until 04/12/2012. The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and the American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training also have been notified, in accordance with the NRMP's Violations Policy.

Well , the only action is Notifying I guess and then what? Unless the program is taken out of the match, Its just our satisfaction that we are doing the right thing to report a violation which I think is the right thing to do- no matter what the outcome is.
I do also experience similar violation in one of NY programs. PGY 3 IM resident who is close and dear friend of mine was asked by the PG that if the program ranked me high in the list, am I promised too rank them top of my ROL.
Despite this done to my benefits, honestly speaking this violation of NRMP. As to my friend information, this program is totally disrespectful to residents and repressive....simply it is the worst of worse programs, that's why they engaged in all sort of dirty job and violation NRMP. Wise enough I will rank them at my heel

BTW, how do we report similar cases to NRMP...for instance mine just verbal communication with my friend no email or other evidence...

You can report it and certainly NRMP can cite a program to have violated NRMP rules. But what does it to a program? Nothing much. Mayo psych is still considered a top to middle tier program by AMGs. Yes, I understand you are taking a stand for principles, but it won't really matter to the program at the end. I think you can better spend your energy elsewhere.

On the flip side, it is a major problem for an applicant to be in violation of NRMP rules, because you can be banned for life.
LOL

You think a complaint from an APPLICANT is going to have any weight??

Seriously, the ACGME must get hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints from butt-hurt applicants about violations. The "obnoxious sloth" doesn't have to answer a g'dam thing. It's your word vs their word, and rest assured its their word >>> ur word.

Pepper your angus
@lopsang69 you have a point, but none-the less i think we should not just sit back in silence. If you see something genuinely wrong - report it... do your part as opposed to sitting back in silence.
lopsang:

If the 'little' guy was historically as disenchanted as you are about his chances against the 'big' guy, many of us would still be slaves Smile

Changes can begin with small actions. Defeatism lands you nowhere. I applaud ecfmgcertified's efforts if he/she is reporting a violation. I am sure nothing will happen with one complaint, but if one program receives multiple complaints that are similar, I am sure there will be some form of punishment.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »