Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYMC wetchester medical center - sid.79
what do you guys think about this program??pros n cons Thank you
common guys.........m sure there is something to share!
pros - good attendings, good place ( westchester one of the best livable counties in new york), good felowships, recovering from financial constarints, good salary
cons - huge sctowrk, v v stressful conditions
i have an interview there, when do u have?
Thanx robbed. I had one......mid nov. Where will NYMC-WMC stand in your rank list?
University in Motion

Few can dispute the claim that health care in the United States has undergone changes in the last few decades that can best be described as a revolution. Many of these changes, like advances in biomedical science and the lightning-fast technology to which we are all accustomed, are recasting the mold of health care ” generally for the better. Others, like soaring costs and foundering hospitals, are forcing providers to make compromises in order to continue treating an increasing number of patients without the means to pay.

New York Medical College has hardly been spared in these tumultuous times. We have grappled with the effects of the changing healthcare environment, a battle that sometimes brought us face to face with difficult choices, even compromise. But there are certain matters of such consequence as to be non-negotiable: to name one, our educational mission. The meeting of that challenge is explored in our 2003-2004 Annual Report, University In Motion.

As the year progressed, the College found itself facing a $4 million deficit, the result of a softening economy and a drop in support by clinical affiliates struggling with their own financial burdens. Although the situation was not yet precarious, it became evident that we must use the utmost care in managing our resources. College leadership resolutely set its priorities: to increase revenue and reduce expenses while maintaining its obligation to uphold a 145-year-old tradition of academic and research excellence.

Toward the end of FY 2003-2004, the university instituted a wage and hiring freeze in all areas except those that directly impact teaching, clinical care and revenue streams. New efforts were launched to reclaim moneys owed by several affiliates. Real estate holdings were scrutinized with unflinching realism. The results of these stringencies will not be fully realized until we review the current fiscal year. However, we can report that in FY 2003-2004 the College squarely met its obligations and upheld its mission. By remaining undaunted by the strains of growing pressure on healthcare affiliates, bottom-line concerns and global uncertainties, we not only maintained momentum ” we surged.

It is often said that periods of change, whether personal or institutional, pave the way for periods of growth. Among the university™s greatest achievements last year was its resolve to keep moving and growing within the changing healthcare landscape. After all, in the best of all possible worlds, change begets challenges. And challenges beget limitless opportunities to excel, to strive for higher achievement and to keep raising the bar. All this, we venture to say, is the mark of a university in motion

This is what their web site says...so their is definitly somethg wrong...
yes, caudate your info is right but outdated.
I talked to one of the AMG from NYMC- WV he told me that starting this financial year they have profits after a long era of losses. hope this helps
Westchester medical center has new CEO, who was a former head at the Duke University hospital. The center has definitely not started making any profits, though they have brought down the loses to a certain extent.
i had an interview there.i liked it but v less chances of matching there as last yr they took just 1 fmg out 13 categoricals.good luck
have they started sponsoring H1 visas? some friends told me they haven't in the last fewyears
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »