Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unmatched - mdshoeb
my score 223/213/cs pass/195 all steps passed in first attempt.
YOG:2007, GC holder
2 MONTHS EXTERNSHIP, >12 months observrship, 8 months of research experience
applied to IM, FM,Peds, Psyc got 6 ivs
2 pds said they will rank me high in reply to thank you email, faculty from 1 prog emailed me that she will recommend me to IM selection committe.
but didnot match,in shock.
don't know what I should do next, should i give up please advice.
Ppl are going to tell you that dont lose hope and that you are only done when you give etc etc etc.

You know your situation better.
you already passed all steps, you have 2 months of USCE and lot of observips + research. Only way to improve your app is to do more externships and that is not easy thing to do. Its going to be harder to match every year...esp since you even got 6 IVs. Maybe your IV skills need some improvement? I dont know. Feedback from PDs is taken with grain of salt...we all are learning that these days.

If you were able to bond with any of the PDs or faculty, you can reach out to them maybe? And ask if there is something you couldve done to improve your chances etc.

whether you should keep going on or not..thats upto you and your family...sometimes financially its not always feasible to keep trying but at least you had 6 IVs..so there is some reason to keep going and try again. But you need to take a hard look at your app or IV skills and improve them at least.
Thanks for your advice.......about IV skills i don't know coz one of the interviewer said u look like a nice person we wouldn't have any problem working with you for 3 years I was so happy......its all luck I guess. but will def focus on what u have said.
Choose one discipline and be focussed, it is impossible to give good interview or write good personal statements with so many options in mind....hope you will be matched next year..
Bump
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »