Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Experience about Kaplan q bank..... - usmledreamz
Hello Forum members.....

Finally I finished kaplan q bank online (I HAD TO DO BECAUSE I HAD THE SUBSCRIPTION) and I thought I would share my experience....to help others who intend to do or wanting some info abt kaplan q bank.....

1. Its TOUGH....I scored 61%, after an year study of only kaplan books and dvd's.....

2. Too PICKY on minute details...Like a PhD on the topic...many questions.....

3. Pathology questions r ok, I recommend not to do them ....but if u r a beginner and want some idea, go ahead and do it......

4. Micro was really good, bcas it bought a quick recep and had most of the info necessary, I guess UWORLD would be having the same....I cannot say about UWORLD because I haven't done that yet....IMMUNOLOGY was good too, quick recap and it helped me write down all the CD's , IL's and helped differentiate most of the diagosis....

5. Anatomy was really good, USMLE type questions more abt Nervous System - Central as well as peripheral....with lots of differnetials, I think it would help on the exam....

6. Physio, was good enough....cleared lots of concepts....if ur a beginner can do it....some of the questions r tough, they twist the graphs....do not panic...it will be fine....

7. Biochem...as expected more of enzyme type questions....It was ok...

8. Behavioral science was ok, limited thats required for exam....Biostatistic questions a must do...I hated doing it, somehow i completed doing them....

9. Genetics , lots of pedigree and mode of inheritance - straight recall....i did bad in them...so going over helped review ....

PLEASE DO NOT DO QUESTIONS WITHOUT STUDYING BOOKS.....U WILL HAVE NOWHERE TO GO....

I think doing 50 % of random high yield questions would benefit, rather than doing complete q bank....It takes a lot of time....to go through all the answers and making points....

So this is it guys, ALL THE BEST....

If anyone wants to add more points , pls do so....so that other can review and decide if they want to do it....

Overall: waste of time
@Usmledreamz it is never waste of time ur hard work will pay off....Just prioritise ur study material ...try to do important stuff like UW first and then if u get time go for others...

I like this quote..
A wise man once said --
Start by doing what is necessary, then what’s possible
and suddenly you’re doing the impossible !!!

Plus if u just request here on forum u can get all the offline Q banks..So no need to waste amount in doing online unless u have lot of money to spend..

All the very best!!.

It is definitely not a waste of time guys....I was searching for kaplan q bank reviews, I dint get a proper review....So i decided to put my opinion abt the kaplan qbank, so that it helps in future for anyone to decide....

Hey sallu....Thank you so much....I got Kaplan subscription, so i did it....yes ofcourse u world is the best q bank....

Thanks very much for sharing, Dreamz. I'm sure some will find the information useful. Now, hit UW! Smile

Very good quote, Sallu. Thank you.
Thank you fmg......Smile
Forget about it
It is almost useless
My Pleasure Fmg and Usmledreamz Smile>>..

I did it online 20 questions and never came back again
UW is 20 times better
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »