Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 11 BLK 1 qsssss 24, 27, 29 - risenshine

Blk1 #24

An investigator is studying oxygen transport in experimental animals. it is found that Po2 in the renal vein is high compared to venous PO2 in other organs. What is the explanation?

a. counter-current multiplication in the kidneys allows them to use less O2 for ion transport than other organs
b. PO2 in renal artery is greater than PO2 in other arteries
c. The ratio of o2 consumption to blood flow is lower in the kidneys than in other organs
d. Renal blood flow is a smaller fraction of the C.O. than blood flow in other organs
e. Tissue Po2 is greater in every region of the kidneys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#27-

******doesn't this pt (below) have Mycoplasma pneumonia? ****
Q
a 21 year old man comes to the physician because of a 2 day history of fever cough and shortness of breath. he appears mildy ill. his temperature is 38.4 C and respi 18/min. Diffuse crackles are heard on auscultation. A cold hemagglutinin test result positive. Chest x-ray shows increased interstitial markings. The infectious agent is most likely to be susceptible to?

a-amoxicillin
b-azithromycin
c-ceftriaxone
d-gentamicin
e-piperacillin

--------------------------------------------------

#29----

***I always get confused with these even tho these are so simple and easy points. I'm so frustrated. I had chosen E****Can anyone please show their complete work**********
Q
in an epidemiol study of workers in the aniline dye industry, 500 workers with bladder cancer and 200 workers without baldder cancer are selected .the investig obtain a history of exposure to aniline dyes in the groups. among workers with bladder cancer, 250 have an exposure to aniline dyes and among the 200 without bladder cancer, 50 have a history of exposure . which of the following is the odds ratio for the v exposure variable?
A 0.33
B 0.5
C 1.0
D 1.5
E 2.0
F 3.0

31--- I had chosen Q fever... why is it wrong?

a 12 year old girl is brought to the physician coz of a rash on her buttock for the past 2 days ( picture showing an large erythematous rash wid a small round erythematous area within the large erythematous rash).the rash developed after the family returned from a 2 week long early summer vacation in maine.her vital signs are within normal limit.the likely cause of the patient 's infection is taxonomically and morphologically most simillar to the infectious agent of which of the following condition?

1.bacilary angiomatosis
2 Q fever
3.chancroid
4 leptospirosis
5 lymphogranulum venerum
Anyone willing to help explain, plz?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »