Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what questions do you have about CS - scaredkinda
I can give general advice, no specific advice about cases. I will not cheat. BUT I was worried I failed, and I passed! what general questions do you hav, even about what test day is like
hiiiii approximate time fr cs prep???
cs exam without any prior usce is it possible
With no USCE you will need to MEMORIZE first aide. But that's not enough! Not any more!! you need to practice the cases and practice writing notes in a timed manner. you only get 15 minutes, after all! Plus u need to be comfortable speaking english in a casual manner so the standard patients are happy.

Basically you need 6 intense weeks.

I studied for 2 weeks. but this was at the end of all my US rotation, and I was very comfortable writing notes fast and I speak english well
even then i was worried i failed

so 6 weeks, memorize first aid, practice with a real human, and TIME yourself with your notes and physical exam
Hey! i had my cs couple of days ago. I didnt counsel couple of patients plus i missed menstrual history in some cases and couple of other mistakes. Please tell me how much did you miss or to what extent has my mistakes affected my chances
I hope you pass your exam despite your mistakes
@vehlaguy84 honestly your mistakes do not sound so bad.

basically, in my CS. I thought I had maybe 2-3 major problems. For one case, I was completely lost on what the DXN and I forgot some important PMH questions (asking about social hx, etc). For another case, the PT asked me a challenging question, and I sorta gave a half-hearted answer.

Finally, in all of my notes (I felt) that I had VERY LITTLE supporting findgings for my dxns. I hardly found anything on my physical exams, and I felt like I was repeating myself over and over again in my supporting evidence.

I pased everything in the end, although my CIS (info gathering) score was just a bit above the "average" line
Thanks a lot!!@ scaredkinda and rizvi98
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »