Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should I accept prematch or not? confused - drcolin2014
Thank you @wellscriteria.......it baffles me too when I see those great scholars with recent YOG but little to no interviews. I think scoring IVs is not only by scores but also on how good you can tell a story in the personal statement and the quality of your letter of recommendations.

I have no contacts at all but the interview was basically a barrage of medical questions. Maybe I was lucky that they asked questions that I was comfortable with. Thanks though and good luck
Drcolin.... I know what it feels...you know what they say, if you have the slightest inch of feeling you deserve more, you probably do!!! But nobody wants to take that risk.... Just know that it's all in your head....if you think it is gonna be bad, it ll probably be....and vice versa.... Make the most out of it....congrats doctor..... Excel in residency and make us all proud....
Thank you @yoni Smile
Goodluck too
take the position. the Match is not a gaurantee and every year there are multiple people with 10+ interviews that dont match (last year there was a candidate in another forum with 23 interviews and she did not match). and every year its becoming more and more difficult for IMG to match. This is a seat reserved for you, no more tensions, relax until June when residency starts. I dont know anything about that program in particular but I'm definitely sure its better than no residency at all and its just a 3 year sacrifice and thats it. But participating in the Match is a risk so I would definietly go for prematch. GL in what you decide
if you do accept prematch, please do cancel the rest of your remaining interviews and let the places you interviewed at already also know after you sign the contract. (withdraw from the match after signing contract only) so others have a shot at those seats
@ drcolin2014 Congrats on your offer. I think you should take it.
Btw, what kind of medical questions did they ask? I have an interview there scheduled for January? thnx
Thank you sys71.....I signed it today before leaving NY. Will withdrawn from nrmp over the weekend & of course cancel remaining IVs.
@someguy......it's really the toughest of the 6 IVs I've attended so far. A lot of questions from step 1 level to ccs clinical scenario but nothing outside Fa , mtb . You will be fine if you revise these materials and Uworld Ccs if it's long you did the exams. It's basically 3 major clinical questions but he keeps on asking other questions from your answers e.g when you mention a medication, he asks side effects or what do you expect from ekg, bmp results etc.
Thanks everyone & good luck
@drcolin2014

Congratsss! This is really great!
I have a very important question, I appreciate if you please help me with your answer.
If you please give me your email, or send me an email: nm90090
Thanks
Wow. Thank you very much. I will do my best
Congratulations drcolin. I interviewed at St. John's too but I was not offered. I was not too excited about the program but would have accepted if offered. I have a friend that just finished his residency over there, he claims they are the highest paid in NY. I don't think it's as bad as it was in 2008 when they were primary tract. They are fully accredited categorical tract now so you have nothing to worry about.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »