Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can i improve my u world score? - ahmedzaki1985
hi iam planned to take step 2 ck at may iam now in about 10 blocks and my cummulative is 56 ?i used mtb 2 and 3 fa step 1?
thx
In that case i will suggest you to Go through kaplan notes as well ,since u have mentioned only mtb as ur sole reading material!!
If u ask me, information wise kaplan is much more better, i think so...
Mtb is precise to read ,no doubt ,but kaplan provides more info and knowledge wise kaplan is better!!
Listen to vid lectures if u are confused with any topics, it will help u get rid of your weak areas and u can understand the topics better!!
If you have good knowledge on any topics , that will help you answer the questions more easily !!
If u have to go back to basics ,if that is needed at any point then go for that also,it will make studying and answering questions so easier!!
If you want to score good marks in steps , there is no shortcut!!
Do more and more questions once the related topic is clear to you!!
Study thoroughly on your weak areas ,practice and more practice!!
Again , i want to stress ,do not take the shortcut if you want better scores!!
Best wishes and happy studying!!
Sorry for the typos!!
please try systemwise for the first time uw , it gives you better connected picture of each system.
@happy_studying,

If you are studying kaplan LN, can you please tell me how much time does it take, for fast reader?
And if you have started uw, what's your score?

Thanks
Well,if this was a question in response to my above post then let me tell you that it was just "my opinion!!" And everybody has their own!! I could see the "missing part" in his/her question, so wanted to convey the message that go for more information if you need, and do not be bound by time frame ,if you need more ,take it!!
If you are adequate with the information and your basics is too strong then mtb may be sufficient for you!! But its different for everybody!!
And i , personally, do not want to miss any bit of information if some other source has more to say than a single study tool and i found kaplan more informative than mtb ( my personal view) though mtb is precise to read!!
But again, depends on how strong your basics and previous knowledge is with regard to which book to refer!!
Even i am not the one who knows everything and still below the average!!, i am still in my mid way of preparation!!
i took 2 weeks to finish IM,remaining 3 weeks for the rest subjects during my first reading along with lectures!!
Now i am doing second round of kaplan ,mtb and uw side by side!
Have finished 26 blocks of UW (first time) ,cumulative score is 70% so far!!
Will work on weak areas once i am done uw first round!!
Thank you!!
@Happy_studying

Thanks!
I asked as I want to start kaplan LN. So I wanted to ask someone who has already started. Just for idea, how much time shall I spare for it.
Thanks for reply.
Have happy reading. GL
Hi.I Recently appeared for my step 2 CK exam in october and scored 258. Since then I have tutored students for this so unpredictable exam. I am well versed with the recent changes the exam has brought in and will be more than happy to tutor you for this monstrous exam. My course lasts for 6weeks and I spend atleast 4 hours daily with the student. I lay special emphasis on physio, pathophys, patho before discussing the management. I also make a schedule for the uworld for the student to follow in the 42 days. If u follow; the schedule you will see a spike in your assessments. We cover MTB-2 IM, Kaplan Lecture notes for Peds, gynobs, surgery.
skype id usmletutor3 for a free demo or if u have any questions.
Step 1 :253
Step 2: 258
CS: high performance in CIS, ICS, SEP
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »