Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncertain future for IMGs 2015/16 onwards - exon
it is tough at present and I understand the gripes of US citizens with decent scores who dont match when they see people needing visa match but lets see what is happening

there are thousands of grads coming out of india with double 250/260+ lots of USCE who match easily when I see IMG friendly lists it means to me 'indian medical graduate' friendly not international. Lots (50+) of programs are simply no go areas for non indians.

This is the situation non-indian IMGs face and also US citizen IMGs face.

I dont blame Indians at all the system is in their favor, they take advantage of it fair play to them. How can the rest of us compete?

The US unlike Canada Oz etc is the only country that allows its citizens to go unemployed with foreigners benefiting i just wonder how much longer their politicians will allow this scenario to carry on for?

what do others think??
1) Majority of Indians who apply to the match don't match
http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/NRMP-and-ECFMG-Publish-Charting-Outcomes-in-the-Match-for-International-Medical-Graduates-Revised.PDF-File.pdf

2) Only IMG countries with a >50% match rate are Canada and Lebanon (both high caliber and in Lebanon's case graduates spread out through the US)
http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...F-File.pdf

3) There is a Carib School Bias / US IMG. In my previous work, I've known employers who prefer an international graduate to the Carib school graduate, seeing the latter as someone who has taken the easy way out

4) If I look at my top research hospital that I am currently at, there are international grads from India, Lebanon, Germany, Italy, Japan etc, so it is what it is, if you go to a diploma mill in the carib (outside of the top 5), you should of knew what you were getting yourself into, I have no problems with the smartest graduate from India or Pakistan beating me out for a spot.
*international grads who are faculty at the research institution I am at.

Look at the websites for Hopkins, Yale, MD anderson, or any major academic institution you'll find internationals from all over the world, and Carib IMGs are far and few between.
@ kash_md: thanks!
Too bad they dont report countries with less than 50 applicants Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »