Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visa options for IMG , - mehraaj
HI ,
i m an undergraduate from india , and currently don't have a visa for the US . i have taken my step 2 ck and plan on coming to the states for my step 2 CS . Ive also applied for multiple mph programmes in various universities , kindly guide me as to which route should i apply for a visa , a a visitor visa or just get a one year step 2 CS SLOT or get accepted in an MPH programme and then come via a J1VISA ??
3 options:

(1) Apply for MPH and most likely get an F1 visa via the university's immigration office. During that time you can clear your boards. The F1 expires after completion of MPH; you have 90 day grace period to find another visa status, otherwise you must return to home country.

(2) Apply for Fulbright Scholarship (assuming you have MPH university admission letter) and get J1 visa status. You may have to check if there is a 2 year "return to home country policy"

(3) Apply for B visa (tourist/business visa) good for 2 years but you can only be in the USA for 6 months at a time.

Good luck!
Is your CV strong enough to compete for the Match?

Our Double Platinum Premium rotations will get you the Hospital Experience necessary for Residency.
Our Extensive Preceptor Team is built for Premium Satisfaction
Hurry before all available slots are filled!!

Email our Coordination Team: premiumrotations
Please visit our new website launch for all your USMLE needs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »